College and university students across the United States face unforeseen financial crises and feel like they have very few options. Many times, these students are compelled to pause their education or fully withdraw from their institutions. To prevent this from happening, colleges and universities can create systems to extend a lifeline to these students, offering support to weather the emergency they face and preparing them for the next one.
That’s why Student ARC was created. The mission is to advance retention at higher education institutions by providing a wide range of resources and tools to support emergency aid. Whether you work in financial aid or student affairs, or you're a researcher or a college student, Student ARC is your source for understanding emergency aid, exploring how emergency aid programs are created, managed and sustained and learning how the right emergency aid efforts can improve student retention.
Not only will Student ARC be a place to find news and insights about emergency aid, it will also to be a place to share your experiences and the experiences of others involved in and benefiting from emergency aid efforts. As you explore this site, take a deep dive, and contribute when possible, in these areas:
- About Emergency Aid: Probe into the six core areas of emergency aid - fostering management, securing resources, increasing awareness, utilizing technology, measuring success and understanding policy implications.
- Tools & Resources: Search and review reports, infographics, videos and presentations, learn about events, and explore tools to help improve and expand the use of emergency aid.
- About Emergency Aid: Learn more about frequently asked questions and key terms to establish a consistent and shared understanding of common terminology and concepts in the emergency aid community.
- Share: Tell your personal stories about how programs across the spectrum of urgent student aid have helped students alleviate financial crises or contribute a resource that has helped you in your experience.
- Insights: Browse through interviews, blogs and news about emergency aid and the evolving community working to deliver vital resources to students in need.
To stay on top of the conversation on emergency aid, join our ever-growing community by signing up for our email newsletter and following us on Twitter and Facebook. We look forward to assisting institutions in establishing, strengthening and sustaining emergency aid programs across the country to help students cross the finish line.